TEMPORARY SENIOR ANALYST, TREASURY
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
This temporary role, reporting to the Senior Manager, Treasury will play a key role in managing daily Treasury activities, helping drive long-term strategic Treasury initiatives, and partnering with key internal and external stakeholders. The Temporary Senior Analyst, Treasury will be actively involved in the cash management, treasury compliance, and treasury reporting functions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform daily cash functions, including cash positioning, cash reporting and forecasting, short-term investing and borrowing, payments and fraud prevention
- Maintain a weekly dashboard for senior management that included consolidated cash and debt positions and forecast cash flows
- Ongoing review and refinement of cash forecasting processes within the treasury management system including analyzing results, monitoring variances and trends
- Interact frequently with internal stakeholders across the organization to gather critical information to ensure up to date and accurate cash forecasting
- Interact frequently with external stakeholders to execute money market transactions including foreign exchange, issuance of short-term debt and overnight investments.
- Help implement best practices and drive process improvement
- Ad-hoc Treasury projects as needed
What you must have:
- University graduate with degree in Business, Commence or Economics
- Professional Designation (CPA, CFA or CTP)
- Five years of experience in a Treasury, risk management or financial/accounting/banking environment preferred
- Knowledge of cash management, foreign exchange, hedging instruments, and risk management
- Technically savvy with previous Treasury Management System experience
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to think independently, critically, and analytical
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.