TEMPORARY SENIOR COMPENSATION ANALYST
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How will you fit in?
This temporary role, reporting to the Senior Manager, Total Rewards, will play an integral part in supporting all compensation-related activities, as well as with the development, implementation and administration of all compensation programs. This position works collaboratively with the broader HR team and requires an enthusiastic, innovative and motivated individual. If you are a strategic thinker who has a strong background in compensation, this may be the right fit for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Administer AltaGas’ Short, Medium, and Long Term Incentive plans, including any related analysis, administration, and communications
- Work with US-based counterparts to support alignment in program offerings and reporting
- Participate in annual and ad hoc salary and compensation surveys and related analysis of results
- Participate in market research and review industry best practices to recommend new or changes to existing compensation programs to enable AltaGas to attract, reward and retain top talent
- Facilitate and administer the annual salary review process – prepare reporting and analysis related to compensation programs for Executive Committee and Board of Directors and related Committees on a scheduled and ad hoc basis
- Participate and provide inputs into quarterly and annual external filings, including the Annual Management Information Circular
- Participate in system-focused initiatives that support compensation programs
- Stay current with legislation related to AltaGas’ incentive and compensation programs and propose changes as necessary
- Prepare and provide financial report inputs as they relate to compensation programs on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Prepare budget for Compensation related programs and maintain outlook information throughout the year
- Monitor the effectiveness of compensation program administration and recommend modification to reduce costs and improve delivery
- Provide subject matter expertise to HR team members to ensure compensation policies and practices are applied consistently
- Provide compensation recommendations to HR Business Partners for hew hires, promotions, and transfers
- Deliver quality customer service and solutions to internal clients, as required
- Support the HR department as necessary in a wide range of other HR initiatives, as assigned
What you’ll need to have:
- Exceptional attention to detail, and strong sense of urgency to achieve results
- Related degree with a minimum of eight to ten years of experience specific to areas of compensation and/or incentive plan analysis and administration
- Extensive experience in utilizing systems for data analysis and program administration
- Understanding of the dynamics of a large organization and can accurately identify high-priority customer and project deliverables
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Experience with Shareworks and JDE considered an asset
- CCP or CEBS certification considered an asset
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit trr.tbe.taleo.net.