TEMPORARY WAREHOUSE TECHNICIAN
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Taking day to day direction from the Maintenance Superintendent, this position is responsible for assisting in the daily warehouse duties of the Townsend facilities. The position will be a camp-based position. Shift schedule is 4 days on 3 days off. The term of the position is Feb 1st to August 1st, 2021. Transportation will be provided from Fort St. John to the facility.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage inventory tracking system to record deliveries, shipments and stock levels.
- Design and implement an inventory tracking system for optimized inventory control. procedures with help from Maintenance Superintendent.
- Train operations and maintenance staff on the inventory tracking system.
- Examine the levels of raw materials and supplies to determine shortages.
- Document and log daily shipments and deliveries.
- Create detailed reports for stock levels.
- Collaboratively work with Operations, Procurement and Admin personnel to identify. missing/required parts, materials and consumables for ordering.
- Analyze various suppliers to ensure the company is receiving the best cost-effective deals.
What you must have:
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Gas plant and power generation experience would be considered an asset.
- Journeyman Parts Person or Warehouse Training would be considered an asset
Where you’ll be working:
The Townsend facilities are located approximately 125 km northwest of Fort St. John. The Townsend facilities are shallow cut & deep cut gas trains designed to process 495 mmscfd of raw sweet gas. Preference will be given to candidates who currently live in the Fort St. John area or who are willing to relocate to the Fort St. John area for the term of the position. To learn more about the operations where you’ll be working, visit our Townsend Facility
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers.
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a Person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.