Terminis Downhole Services
Terminis Downhole Services is a full-service downhole abandonment company providing corporate liability assessments, abandonment programming, project management of client abandonment programs, regulatory submissions and wellsite supervision. Our operator-focused, comprehensive service offering provides the agility to streamline workflow, incorporate innovative cost saving strategies and create economies of scale by clustering work. As our team of consultants continues to identify opportunities to make a considerable impact on Alberta’s environmental footprint, we are seeking the following consulting role:
Sr. Abandonment Engineer/Technologist
Terminis is seeking a results driven and highly motivated individual to partner with senior field leaders and technical specialists for our well abandonment business in Western Canada. The successful candidate will help prioritize and schedule abandonment operational resources for all phases of project management from design, planning, execution, safety and lookbacks.
The Sr. Abandonment Engineer / Technologist will be part of the leadership team of our consulting organization, helping to drive growth, while ensuring strong customer relationships and continued profitability. Their progressive 10 – 15 years of experience in all facets of the abandonment process will include programming, project management and field operations. Solid operational troubleshooting experience and excellent communication skills are key traits we are looking for. Our environment is fast paced and requires the ability to be adaptable and creative.
The candidate will be a strong team player who integrates well across functional boundaries, using engineering and operational acumen to initiate and support the delivery of safe, reliable, and cost-effective abandonment projects. They will excel at the strategic level and also be excited about rolling up their sleeves as part of the operations team. They are committed to the importance of environmental support in the energy sector, building relationships with clients and their team, and continuous improvement both from a technical and business perspective.
- Work with other leaders to guide the engineering, field and project execution teams to deliver organized and efficient outcomes and produce excellent operational, safety and financial results.
- Operational calls and troubleshooting.
- Work across disciplines to plan, organize, manage and evaluate full cycle abandonment projects.
- Collaborate with General Manager Operations on scheduling and execution of abandonment programs with a focus on a deliberate, consistent approach for all operating areas.
- Coordinate preparation and distribution of daily reports internally and with clients.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships in the field including time spent with sub-contractors at the well site.
- Conduct field visits and partner with Superintendents to ensure all field operations promote a positive safely culture and are carried out in accordance with HSE and operational policies and procedures.
- Pursue, evaluate and implement new technologies with a focus on continuous operational improvement and innovative planning.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of abandonment-related technology, regulatory requirements, engineering, practices, and standards.
- P.Eng. or R.E.T. with 10 – 15 years of experience with a combination of operations, engineering or project execution in the Western Canadian energy industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of effective abandonment practices, procedures, techniques or equivalent with a solid understanding of applicable code, regulations and standards related to performing abandonments in Alberta, Saskatchewan and BC.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience managing and mentoring staff.
- Must be highly analytical in identifying and solving issues in abandonment operations and project execution. Commitment and highly experienced in using data and reports to review performance results, extract insights, and make recommendations for future actions.
- Strong safety leadership skills and experience with a commitment to continuously act in an environmentally and socially conscientious manner to maintain the dependability, integrity, and safety of Terminis’ operations and work sites
Please note this is a long term consulting role. We are currently working the majority of time in-office with some flexibility to work from home.
Thank you for your interest. Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing resumes early in the New Year.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.