Torxen Oil & Gas Ltd
Torxen Oil & Gas Ltd. has a six-month contract position, with potential for permanent employment, for a Geological Technologist. Torxen is a private, fast paced, dynamic and active oil and gas company, with operations located in the south-eastern area of Alberta called the Palliser Block, producing the better part of 60,000 BOE/day of production with a diverse product portfolio consisting of a 60% gas and 40% oil production.
About this Opportunity:
The Geological Technologist will be part of a multidisciplinary and collaborative team which is responsible for the development of Torxen’s hydrocarbon resources. Working primarily with the geoscientists, the candidate will be an integral part of creating an RTD database and its subsequent maintenance and will provide technical support for the subsurface team in the development of current and future drilling prospects.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills, be flexible, adaptable, proactive, and curious. You will be joining a team that values its people, contributions and provides work with purpose.
- Support the creation of a new RTD database with duties to including workflow and field creation, data transfer, quality control and ongoing maintenance
- Provide software support and database management for GeoScout, Accumap & Seisware projects, including importing well and LAS data, import/export and gridding of maps & general data loading and QC
- Support ongoing drilling operations by creating HZ well profiles & maps
- Support the technical team of geologists and geophysicists in day to day tasks.
- Maintain AB competitor intelligence data & land maps
- 1 to 10 years of Geoscience or Geological Technologist experience in the oil and gas industry, ideally accompanied by a Geoscience Technology diploma
- Demonstrated problem solving, communication, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Proficient in GeoScout, Accumap, & Seisware
- PowerBi, Petrel, Surfer & Google Blockly experience considered an asset
- Experience working with subsurface data (Wells, tops, LAS, SEGY, etc.)
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, and the willingness to learn
What we offer:
- Inclusive, dynamic work environment with industry competitive rates
- Supportive of work-life balance with hybrid work arrangements
- Casual yet professional office environment with a relaxed dress code
If you are interested in this position, please email submit your resume to email@example.com by October 13th, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.