Torxen Oil & Gas Ltd. has a Contract Position, with potential for permanent employment, for a Jr. Joint Venture Accountant. Torxen is a private Oil & Gas company with our head office in Calgary and operations in southeastern Alberta. We are fast paced, active company looking for an individual who is has excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, while being comfortable on a transactional basis.
About this Opportunity:
Are you looking to build on your education and grow your accounting career? Are you interested in developing your knowledge of Oil and Gas operations accounting? We have an opportunity for you to join our Joint Venture Accounting team where you will apply your knowledge, skillset and well-developed communication skills in the timely invoicing and collection of receivables from joint venture partners. As a highly analytical problem solver, you will provide prompt, complete, relevant and accurate accounting information on Torxen’s operated and non-operated properties. Your ability to resolve issues and work toward resolution with multiple stakeholders will contribute to your success in this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Analyze and record non-operated partner billings within the terms of the governing agreements.
· Develop working relationships with internal and external business partners
· Collect receivables in a timely manner verify and record revenue and royalties (dollars & volumes) for non-operated properties
· Prepare analysis, reports and statements for management use and submission to joint venture partners as required.
· Assist with resolution of partner issues/disputes, including the interpretation of JV Agreements and communication with partners when necessary.
· Prepare the necessary accounting entries
· Assist with monthly Joint Venture Cheque Runs
· Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· Recently completed accounting certificate or working towards your CPA.
· Qbyte, Energylink and advanced Excel skills are an considered an asset.
· AFE Navigator and CS Explorer experience considered an asset.
· Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail.
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff in accounting, joint venture and operations.
· High level of energy, enthusiasm and the willingness to learn
· Comfortable managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to HR@torxen.net by July 9th, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.