TRADESPERSON – INSTRUMENTATION – RIPET
Why work at AltaGas?
AltaGas is a North American energy infrastructure company with a focus on owning and operating assets that provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. Our talented team, nearly 3,000 strong, leverages the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses to new markets around the world.
We deliver clean and affordable natural gas to approximately 1.6 million customers’ homes and businesses through regulated natural gas distribution utilities across five jurisdictions in the United States and two regulated natural gas storage utilities in the United States. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Team Lead Maintenance & Engineering, this position is responsible for providing direction and support in coordinating maintenance activities. This position is part of the International Longshore & Warehouse Union, Local 523B. ILWU local 523 is located and represented within the Prince Rupert community. This position is located in Prince Rupert, BC and would require the successful candidate to reside in that community.
What you’ll be doing:
- Adhere to all AltaGas Safety policies and procedures
- Plan, complete and document instrumentation maintenance work orders
- Troubleshoot and repair failed instrumentation equipment
- Order replacement material, equipment, and consumables for assigned work orders and facility warehouse stock
- A strong knowledge of Gas Chromatographs and gas analyzer technologies
- Confident in Gas Detection & Fire Detection systems
- Construct and maintain gas analyzer sampling systems and instrument tubing assemblies
- Have a strong understanding and working knowledge with instrumentation test equipment
- Complete calibrations on a variety of flow meter technologies including ultrasonic, restriction orifice and coriolis meters
- Troubleshoot and repair Fisher control valves and regulators as well as other actuated isolation valves
- Be able to repair and install instrument devices as per CSA, ISA, and API installation standards
- Working with advanced Rosemont process devices (Pressure, Level and Temperature)
- Working with HART and Modbus communication protocols
- Ability to coordinate specialty vendor technicians and instrument crews while on site
- Work with engineers on new facility designs, process or equipment troubleshooting, facility project and maintenance activities
- Strong communication skills
- Participate in facility and engineering meetings
- Understanding of IT and OT networks is considered an asset
- On-call support as required
What you must have:
- Journeyman Red Seal Certification
- Preference will be giving to dual ticketed I/E certification applicants
- A valid Class 5 Drivers License and good driving record
- 5 Years work experience in oilfield industrial maintenance
- This is a safety sensitive position and will require the completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol testing
Where you’ll be working:
The Ridley Island Propane Export Terminal is located on Ridley Island near Prince Rupert, British Columbia, on a section of land leased by Ridley Terminals Inc. from the Prince Rupert Port Authority. The brownfield site has a history of industrial development and benefits from excellent railway access and a world class marine jetty with deep water access to the Pacific Ocean. To learn more about working on the Ridley Island Propane Export Terminal visit RIPET.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.