Vertex is currently accepting applications for a Transportation Compliance Advisor in Sherwood Park, Alberta. The successful candidate must be experienced coordinating record management systems and compliance programs for National Safety Code (NSC) Fleet and Drivers including auditing driver logs and maintain driver and unit files to NSC standards CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
• Five (5) years experience working with transportation safety and compliance programs
• Experience maintaining a transportation compliance program including administration and record keeping; experience maintaining a transportation compliance program in relation to Provincial and Federal Government regulations
• Team player with strong communication (verbal and written), organizational and interpersonal skills
• Candidate must demonstrate high attention to detail(s)
• Must hold a valid drivers license and will be required to submit a current drivers abstract for review
• Ability to travel as required for business purposes
• Candidate will possess strong computer skills; intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office Suite is essential, specifically knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for coordinating transportation compliance program
• Responsible for compliance with department of transportation regulations and company policies
• Investigate accidents for cause and prevention. Review all accident reports for completeness and work in conjunction with the Corporate Safety Manager to reconstruct and evaluate accidents
• Develop methods and procedures to ensure the companies regulatory compliance requirements are implemented and followed
• Coordinate driver training and orientation programs for new drivers; coordinate driver training and periodic retraining of all drivers
• Schedule periodic compliance meetings with drivers and relevant employees
• Maintain, audit, and update records relating to driver logs, trip Inspections, maintenance records and other supporting documentation
• Conduct periodic audits of records to satisfy the requirements of regulatory authorities
• Coordinate GPS program, monitor and ensure components meet required standards
• Ensure all vehicle registrations including prorated equipment is current and up to date
• Assisting divisions with compliance with The Dangerous Goods Act and Audit Regulations LOCATION
• This position will be based out of Sherwood Park, AB and will include travel requirements. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• Compensation is commensurate with education and experience APPLY NOW
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skillset to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.