Vertex is currently accepting applications for a Transportation Compliance Officer in Sherwood Park, Alberta. The successful candidate must be experienced in organizing record management systems and compliance programs for National Safety Code (NSC) Fleet and Drivers. This position will also be responsible for the administration of auditing driver logs, maintaining driver and unit files to NSC standards.
- Three (3) years’ experience working with transportation safety and compliance programs
- Three (3) years’ experience with administration and record keeping with a high attention to detail
- Experience auditing driver logs and files to NSC standards
- Strong knowledge of Provincial and Federal Government regulations in relation to a transportation compliance program
- Strong knowledge of the National Safety Code standards is an asset
- Familiarity with US Cross Border operations, FMCSA & DOT regulations in an asset
- Team player with strong communication (verbal and written), organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills; intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office Suite is essential, specifically knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Responsible for coordinating Vertex’s Transportation Compliance program
- Collaborate with Corporate Safety department with incident investigations
- Assist hiring managers with driver onboarding, documentation and record keeping
- Coordination of driver training courses and programs
- Advise management on discrepancies in drivers on logs, hours of service, TDG and DOT regulations
- Assist divisions with compliance with The Dangerous Goods Act and Audit Regulations
- Maintain, audit, and update records relating to driver files, driver logs (including e-logs), trip Inspections, maintenance records and other supporting documentation
- Conduct periodic audits of records to satisfy the requirements of regulatory authorities
- Analyze Carrier Profiles from multiple jurisdictions
- Utilize GPS programs to support safety and compliance of drivers
- Travel to Vertex offices and sites
- This position will be based out of Sherwood Park, AB and will include travel requirements.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skillset to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.