Roles and Responsibilities
An Industrial Firefighter’s main role on any job site is to actively respond to an emergency situation such as an uncontrolled fire or release of potentially harmful substances that may come in contact with personnel on location. The Firefighters travel in teams of two, sometimes three, allowing one to control the pump while the other suppresses the fire with foam and water. The Firefighter’s tasks include but are not limited to:
• Act as emergency personnel on site by:
o Being first on the scene to control fires,
o Assisting in the rescue of workers,
o Assisting personnel exposed to harmful substances,
o Provide onsite protection for crews and equipment while conducting high-risk operations with hydrocarbons;
• Assisting H2S Supervisors and/or First Aid Attendants in the event of an emergency;
• Educating crews on hazards of flammable substance and emergency evacuations;
• Be an active participant in all safety meetings;
• Operate all company vehicles and equipment in a safe and appropriate manner;
• Maintain all tickets;
• Perform pre and post trips for all jobs;
• Follow all company Health and Safety rules.
Industrial Firefighters should possess the following traits:
• Safety conscious;
• Able to remain calm in emergency situations;
• Effectively communicate with others;
• Have excellent problem-solving abilities.
Due to the nature of the position, an Industrial Firefighter must:
• Maintain a reasonable level of fitness;
• Have normal color vision, as many safety systems are color coded;
• Be able to work several consecutives shifts (12 hours) consisting of day and night shifts.
• NFPA 1001 Level 1 and 2
• NFPA 1081 (Auxiliary Firefighters)
• Occupational First Aid or Equivalent
• Petroleum Safety Training (PST)
• Valid Class 3 Drivers Licence with air brake endorsement (preferred) & Current (within 3 months) Drivers Abstract
This is considered a safety sensitive position and the candidate must be able to pass a pre- employment drug test.
Trojan Core Values – The Heart of Everything We Do:
1. Show you care
2. Keep learning
3. Always on time
5. It’s all about relationships
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.