Tundra Oil & Gas Ltd.
Tundra Oil & Gas is a Manitoba-based oil and gas exploration and production company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Winnipeg-based James Richardson & Sons, Limited. Tundra’s head office is in Winnipeg, with additional offices in Virden, Estevan, and Calgary. At Tundra, we believe that our people are the foundation of our success, and we are dedicated to growing our company in a sustainable and disciplined way. This philosophy has served us well since our inception in 1980. Today, Tundra is a team 325-strong, and a leader in the Manitoba and southeast Saskatchewan oil industry. We take pride in supporting the communities in which we operate and stewarding the resources we manage for today and for the future. We are committed to working together and to getting everyone home safe every day.
Tundra is seeking a Production Engineer/E.I.T. for our Virden, Manitoba office. The objective of this position will be to provide production engineering support in the Sinclair Business Development team. The successful candidate will work on properties in the Sinclair area where Tundra Oil and Gas is active. The incumbent in this role with be eligible to participate in our hybrid work program.
Reporting to the Manager, Production Engineering, the principal duties and responsibilities of the Production Engineer/E.I.T. are to:
· Provide Production Engineering skills and services to cost effectively manage and maximize daily production within the assigned Business Development Team (BDT) area.
· Provide a lead role and liaison for recognition and resolution of Production Engineering issues between the Business Development Team and field Operations.
· Proactive participation / implementation of all Company Safety Policies / Practices.
· Monitor production rates vs budget/target on existing wells.
· Equip, start-up, and monitor production rates vs budget/target on all new wells within the BDT area.
· Monitor, model, and optimization of existing artificial lift systems to extend run life.
· Reviews and recommendations for interventions on well or lift failures.
· Interact regularly with Operations to maintain appropriate well testing on existing, new, and worked over wells.
· Recognize well production issues, develop workover plans, recommendations, economics analyses, and assist with workover programs and cost estimates.
· Artificial lift designs, alternatives, cost comparisons on new and existing wells.
· Research, evaluate and implement new artificial lift pumping systems and other technologies.
· Assist with completion program development on new wells.
· Understand Production Engineering related operating cost drivers and assist Operations with monitoring and managing operating costs.
· Monitor gathering system pressures and evaluate production restrictions.
· Monitor fluid processing capability and proactively ensure adequate water disposal capability.
· Assist Operations with production engineering related issues.
· Assist with Field development and implementation of Team Capital Program.
· Assist to ensure production operations remain in compliance with regulations.
· Other related duties as required.
Candidates for this position will possess the following qualifications and competencies and be able to meet the travel requirements associated with this role:
· Engineering Degree/Petroleum Technology Diploma, or other applicable education combined with relevant oil & gas experience will be considered.
· Previous oil field experience, specifically exposure to rod pumping artificial lift systems; well completions and workovers; waterflood facilities and monitoring would be a definite asset.
· Knowledge of Production Engineering practices and principle would be considered an asset.
· Ability to complete all company required training:
o First Aid
o other courses as required.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications as well as third party software is essential.
· Possess a high level of proficiency in both oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a multi-functional, result driven team environment.
· Good project management skills.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Must be willing to work overtime, when necessary.
· Office environment with regular visits to the field is expected.
· Travel to other Tundra Oil and Gas offices as required.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit the Careers section of our website at www.tundraoilandgas.com to submit your cover letter and resume along with your salary expectations by end of day, February 26, 2023.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.