Tundra Oil & Gas Ltd.
Tundra Oil & Gas is a Manitoba-based oil and gas exploration and production company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Winnipeg-based James Richardson & Sons, Limited. Tundra’s head office is in Winnipeg, with additional offices in Virden, Estevan, and Calgary. At Tundra, we believe that our people are the foundation of our success, and we are dedicated to growing our company in a sustainable and disciplined way. This philosophy has served us well since our inception in 1980. Today, Tundra is a team 325-strong, and a leader in the Manitoba and southeast Saskatchewan oil industry. We take pride in supporting the communities in which we operate and stewarding the resources we manage for today and for the future. We are committed to working together and to getting everyone home safe every day.
Tundra has an opportunity for an Executive Assistant to be based out of our Winnipeg, Manitoba office. The incumbent in this role will be eligible to participate in Tundra’s hybrid work schedule.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the President & CEO and other senior management members. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Reporting to The President & CEO the Executive Assistant is responsible to:
PRESIDENT & CEO:
· Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO such as: managing an extremely active calendar; completing expense reports; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, planning meeting agendas, managing ADP approvals, etc.
· Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President and CEO, with Board members, and other key stakeholders as requested/required.
· Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive/confidential nature and recommending appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
· Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President and CEO and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management team.
· Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments/responsibilities, following up appropriately.
· Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, facilitating the CEO’s ability to effectively manage organization deliverables.
o Items such as: Drafting, editing and formatting employee presentations, shareholder presentation, board/committee presentations.
o Offering feedback on written communication and other board materials.
o Coordinate board meetings, prepare travel and logistics for directors and senior executive team.
o Assist with preparation and posting of board/committee materials, ensuring deadlines are met and materials are available for board members via Diligent.
· Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
· Annually prepare forward looking calendar with key dates/meetings/deliverables
SENIOR EXECUTIVE TEAM:
· Provide general administrative support to all members of the executive team such as: calendar management, expense reporting, drafting correspondence, etc.
· Proof reading and testing written material for board of directors.
· Coordinate and diarize travel arrangements.
· Coordinate logistics for executive team member department meetings, special projects, and other events.
· Liaise with senior leaders in different office locations regarding office specific issues.
· Project work as assigned by the Senior Executive Team
· Participating in office/business related committees such as wellness, safety, United Way, business continuity planning, etc.
· Manage the Administrative Assistant supporting office/facility management function in the Winnipeg/Calgary office.
· Oversee the coordination of office events and team building activities prepared by the Administrative Assistants
· Other related projects as required.
· Such as office relocations, office renovations, etc.
Candidates for this position will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
· Post Secondary Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, or relevant discipline, is a strong asset.
· 8-10 years of administrative experience, with at least five supporting C-Level Executives
· Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices.
· Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
· Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff and board members.
· Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
· Emotional maturity.
· Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
· Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
· Proficient with Diligent Boards
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher).
· Proven organizational and time management skills. Adhere to the safety accountabilities as per Tundra’s Safety Policy.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit the Careers section of our website at www.tundraoilandgas.com to submit your cover letter and resume by end of day, May 10, 2023.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.