Velvet Energy Ltd. is a dynamic, private oil and gas exploration company, focused on exploring and developing oil resource plays. Velvet is differentiated by strong geological and engineering success, an entrepreneurial culture, and the strength of its financial strategy and private investor base. Led by a proven management team, Velvet has grown to become an intermediate producer since its start-up in 2011. Focused on organic growth, Velvet has grown current production to 30,000boe/d, with over 95% via the drill bit.
We are currently seeking Contract Operators to join our Grande Prairie field operations team.
Reporting to the area Foreman and Lead Operator, the Contract Operator will be responsible to perform daily operational checks to ensure Velvet’s equipment is operating at maximum efficiency with minimum down time in a safe and effective manner.
• Trouble-shoot issues on large multi-well facilities
• Participate in frequent Hazard and Risk Assessments to identify and mitigate risks in a dynamic operational environment
• Start up new wells and facilities as required
• Attend and participate in Health and Safety Meetings
Qualifications and Skills
An in-depth knowledge of production facilities including all areas of battery operations, compressor stations, well performance and storage facilities
• Minimum 5 years oil and gas operating experience
• Tooled Truck
• SCADA and production entry experience
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Strong computer skills including Excel and Office Suite
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Highly organized with ability to manage demanding workload
These positions will be based out of Grande Prairie, working 7 days on/7 days off (12-hour days).
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to forward their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in Velvet Energy Ltd.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.