We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. TransCanada’s job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and commitment.
Our Public Affairs & Communications team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business. We’re looking for a Web & Multimedia Specialist to work with our Brand & Content Management team and to support the needs of our broader organization. The team is responsible for:
- Creating a consistent message across our communications footprint
- Recommending appropriate tools and approaches to execute on the strategies of our business unit and corporate clients
- Supporting the members of the Communications team
The successful candidate is a web and multimedia professional who has knowledge and using a broad range of digital tools and technologies as they pertain to website design, front-end web development, video production, graphic design, and other leading forms of digital communications. The candidate will play an important role in supporting a wide range of communications activities, delivering high-quality web, graphic and video solutions as per best-practice and standard conventions.
Are you up for the challenge?
What you’ll do
Under the direction of the Manager, Brand & Content Management, the successful candidate will:
- Support the ongoing maintenance and enhancement of TC Energy’s numerous external websites
- Ensure corporate video needs are being met in the most efficient way possible, including completing basic editing assignments in house
- Provide creative oversight to our in-house graphics production agency to guide work, and ensure brand vision is being carried out
- Develop designed materials that adhere to brand specifications
- Support the management and growth of corporate photo library, infographics, Power Point templates, Brand Book and Brand Central hosted on intranet
- University degree in communications, journalism, public relations or business is required
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in graphic design
- High level of expertise in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier and Acrobat
- Demonstrated experience designing multimedia tactics to support integrated campaigns
- Experience adhering to and leading creative approach within established brand guidelines
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office, including ability to create and maintain templates and colour palettes in MS applications
- Infographic design experience
- Web design experience
- Ability to develop short, moving infographic style videos within brand parameters
- Very strong organization and client relationship skills
- Proven track record of ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Very strong attention to detail and proven track record of quality assurance
- Social media experience
- Experience working in a corporate environment
- Experience in a Communications/Public Relations department
Apply to this posting by 06/20/2019 using reference code 52201. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Thank you for choosing to grow your career with TC Energy.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* Consistent with our employment practices, we reserve the right to consider the cost of relocation when making internal hiring decisions.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.