POSITION SUMMARY Welders Helpers assist skilled trades people in welding, brazing, and thermal and arc cutting activities and perform labour activities at our various construction and project sites. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety” and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect, and fairness. Note: This posting will be used to collect applications to fill current openings as well as anticipated future openings. Future openings are anticipated but not guaranteed. PROJECT/POSITION DETAILS
- Local candidates preferred
- Interpret Acorn drawings
- Help fit pipe spools
- Lift, move, and hold or clamp workpieces to tables, into jigs, or into position as directed manually or by using hoists, pry bars, wrenches, hammers, and wedges.
- Cleans workpieces to remove impurities, such as slag, rust, and grease using wire brushes, portable grinders, hand scrapers, or chemical solutions.
- Connects hoses from hand torches to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders or connects cables from power sources to electrode holders and workpieces or fixtures.
- Starts engines on electric generators
- Removes tags or marks and moves finished work.
- May attach grappling equipment to objects for moving by crane
- 1st or 2nd year registered Apprentice Welder preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug & alcohol testing
- Able to interpret Acorn drawings
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Comfortable working outdoors
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike, we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at the Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike, we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety-focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.