POSITION SUMMARY Strike’s welder’s helpers assist skilled trades persons and perform labour activities in and around the Bonnyville project site. PROJECT / LOCATION DETAILS
- Kirby South (camp provided) approximately 7 months
- 14 days on/7 days off schedule (12 hours/day)
- Successful candidate must be double vaccinated
- Performs any combination of the following duties to assist workers in welding, brazing, and thermal and arc cutting activities: Moves and gathers work pieces (pipe materials), setting up pipe, helping fir spools, interpret acorn drawings.
- Lifts, moves and holds, or clamps workpieces to table, into jigs, or into position as directed, manually or by using hoist, pry bars, wrenches, hammer, and wedges.
- Cleans workpieces to remove impurities, such as slag, rust, and grease, using wire brush, portable grinder, hand scraper, or chemical solutions.
- Connects hoses from hand torch to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders or connects cables from power source to electrode holder and workpiece or fixture.
- Starts gasoline engine to activate electric generators
- Removes, tags or marks, and moves finished work.
- May attach grappling equipment to objects preparatory to movement by crane
- 1st or 2nd year welding apprentice (preferred)
- 3+ months of industrial/construction/general labor experience
- Current/valid drivers license
- Able work outdoors with a current zoom boom ticket
- Ability to work with others to achieve job goals
- Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
- Must pass pre-employment alcohol and drug test
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret acorn drawings
- Familiar with construction methods, techniques, and labour requirements and how they apply to industrial construction projects
- Comfortable working outdoors
- Exemplary professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proactively seeks and accomplishes tasks that lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel. ugh education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.