West Lake Energy Corp. is a privately owned, intermediate producer with core assets located in the Lloydminster and Provost areas. West Lake’s strategy is to grow its production base in both its heavy and medium areas through organic drilling complemented with focused acquisitions. West Lake has applied advanced drilling and completion techniques, which has allowed its wells to achieve compelling economic returns at sustained low oil prices. West Lake continues to execute an a material multi-year drilling program.
We are currently recruiting for a Manager Financial Accountant. Reporting to the CEO, this position will be located in our Calgary Office and provides the opportunity for a full range of responsibilities including the following:
- Timely and accurate preparation of all financial reporting.
- Internal roll ups of the corporate budgeting and forecast model.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS, including note disclosures, working papers and MD&A.
- Responsible for researching and determining the appropriate IFRS accounting treatment for complex transactions and new or amended IFRS standards.
- Fulfill monthly and quarterly reporting requirements for the Company’s Board of Directors, Management and Bank.
- Main point of contact for annual financial statement audit.
- Preparation and maintenance of the corporate budge and subsequent reforecasts.
- Responsible for monthly comparison of budget to actual financial performance.
- Support senior management’s decision-making with ad-hoc financial modelling and analysis.
- Assist CEO in establishing financial control policies and procedures and internal oversight.
- Manage corporate Asset Retirement Obligation model (Xl Technology).
- Assist the CEO with Banking, Legal, Hedging as required.
- Assist in preparation of corporate tax returns.
- Work with other members of the accounting team to assist with JV Nexus and accounting issues.
- 5-10 years of Financial Accounting and/or Reporting experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Completion of professional designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA).
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS.
- Strong business acumen and ability to build cross-functional relationships.
- Detailed oriented and ability to consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Experience with JV Nexus software would be asset.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please submit a resume to email@example.com no later than May 7, 2021. Please include the job title in the subject heading.
West Lake Energy thanks all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Lake Energy