West Lake Energy Corp. is a privately owned, intermediate producer with core assets located in the Lloydminster and Provost areas. West Lake’s strategy is to grow its production base in both its heavy and medium areas through organic drilling complemented with focused acquisitions. West Lake has applied advanced drilling and completion techniques, which has allowed its wells to achieve compelling economic returns at sustained low oil prices. West Lake continues to execute on a material multi-year drilling program.
We are currently recruiting for a Manager of Geosciences in our Calgary Office. Reporting directly to the COO this role provides the opportunity to be involved in a full range of responsibilities including the following:
- Accountable for leadership and development of the G&G team.
- Accountable for the identification, evaluation and recommendation of all future drilling inventory.
- Accountable for maximizing the value of existing inventory, while generating new prospects within West Lake’s current land position and beyond.
- Set clear goals and objectives for the team.
- Provide expert geological technical advice and guidance to the executive and management team.
- Review geological interpretations, models and studies in support of exploration investment proposals and geological analysis of the G&G team.
- Stimulate the creation of ideas around current and future exploration activities and techniques.
- Mentor and develop geotechnical staff, regarding technical competence and broader communication skills.
- Achievement of corporate goals for reserve growth and inventory development within the corporate economic targets.
- Work collaboratively with the Manager, Development and across all technical disciplines to recommend drilling, recompletion and water flood budgets.
- Communicate with board and various stakeholders as required.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience of active and progressive experience as a professional geologist.
- Extensive knowledge of exploration and development of oil and gas properties within the Western Canada Sedimentary basin.
- Broad experience involving both exploration and operational components involving geosciences.
- Fundamental knowledge of geophysics and experience in seismic interpretation.
- Expertise in prospect resource and risk assessment, review and audit.
- Proven team leadership, mentorship and development experience.
- Strong communicator with all stakeholders and able to work across disciplines.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume no later than May 27, 2019. Please include the job title in the subject heading.
West Lake Energy thanks all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview wll be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
West Lake Energy