West Lake Energy Corp. is a privately owned, intermediate producer with core assets located in the Lloydminster Provost, and Drayton Valley areas. West Lake’s strategy is to grow its production through organic drilling and acquisitions. West Lake has applied advanced drilling and completion techniques, which has allowed its wells to achieve compelling economic returns at sustained low oil prices. West Lake continues to execute on a material multi-year drilling program.
We are currently recruiting for a Production Engineer in our Calgary Office. Reporting to the VP, Production this role provides the opportunity to be involved in a full range of responsibilities including the following:
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for the engineering associated with managing base production targets, capital enhancement projects and providing field support.
- Accountable to ensure that all engineering and project work done in areas of responsibility maximize the financial returns of the asset and West Lake Energy.
- Responsible for the review of production trends and well histories and recommendations to develop well and field optimization strategies.
- Responsible to perform field and well reviews with field operations to recommend reactivations, recompletion or abandonment candidates.
- Responsible to provide technical scope for completions, workovers and reactivations.
- Responsible to monitor operating costs and assist in the preparation of annual budgets.
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in production and operations engineering with medium oil properties.
- Experience in completions engineering an asset with background work on new well completions, workovers, well servicing and injector conversion and gas lift projects.
- Professional designation with APEGA or ASET.
- Self-motivated, energetic and a bias for action.
- Strong communication and computer skills.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please submit a resume to HR@westlakeenergy.ca no later than August 9, 2021. Please include the job title in the subject heading.
West Lake Energy thanks all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
West Lake Energy