West Lake Energy Corp. is a privately owned, intermediate producer with core assets located in the Lloydminster, Provost and Brazeau areas. West Lake’s strategy is to grow its production base in all its heavy, medium and light areas through organic drilling complemented with focused acquisitions. West Lake has applied advanced drilling and completion techniques, which has allowed its wells to achieve compelling economic returns at low oil prices. West Lake continues to execute on a material multi-year drilling program.
We are currently recruiting for a Consulting Abandonment & Reclamation ARO Advisor in our Calgary Office. Reporting directly to the Vice President, HSE&R, this role provides the opportunity to be involved in a full range of responsibilities including the following:
- Prepare a short-and long-term abandonment and reclamation strategy plan for the Company.
- Prepare corporate ARO strategy and ARO assessment of properties, assets and facilities.
- Closely monitor closure activities to provide effective and executable corporate strategy plans.
- Closely monitor the abandonment and reclamation budget & AFE for maximum financial impact.
- Track actual expenditures to set spending benchmarks, forecasting and guidelines.
- Field visits to assets and facilities when necessary and COVID safe to do so.
- Communicate with the regulator, stakeholders, vendors, West Lake’s abandonment and reclamation group, and operations department to ensure a high level of delivery of quality and satisfaction.
- Ensure that recurring presentations are made to West Lake management on the project.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment by adhering to Company practices and to legal regulations.
- Minimum 15 years of oil and gas industry-related development and practical experience including field experiences.
- Well knowledgeable and understanding of operation and functionality of field staff, equipment/components and working procedure about downhole abandonment and reclamation.
- Solid understanding of provincial and federal regulatory frameworks related to closure assets for Indian Oil and Gas Canada, Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia.
- Experience with DSS, IRIS, and OGC ARO database.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated and energetic, proven ability to collaborate with team members.
- Ability to be decisive and problem solve while driving influence and activities.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PPT).
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please submit a resume no later than October 12, 2021. Please include the job title in the subject heading.
West Lake Energy thanks all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
West Lake Energy Corp,