West Lake Energy Corp. is a privately owned, intermediate producer with core assets located in the Lloydminster, Provost and Brazeau areas. West Lake’s strategy is to grow its production base in all its heavy, medium and light areas through organic drilling complemented with focused acquisitions. West Lake has applied advanced drilling and completion techniques, which has allowed its wells to achieve compelling economic returns at sustained low oil prices. West Lake continues to execute on a material multi-year drilling program.
We are currently recruiting for a Consulting Health & Safety Specialist in our Calgary Office. Reporting directly to the Vice President, HSE&R the role provides the opportunity to be involved in a full range of responsibilities including the following:
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for supporting operational teams in achieving corporate HSER goals.
- Be present to work in field to perform tasks, such as site orientations, site HSER inspections, and incident investigations.
- Develop and implement appropriate health and safety plans and policies to support a safe work environment for employees and contractors.
- Regularly assess and audit HSER performance against goals and standards.
- Maintain planning and training for Emergency Response Plans.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for health and safety improvement and develop integrated plans with operational teams.
- Regulatory reporting, auditing, non-compliance, liaison and submissions.
- Liaison for ERP training, tabletop exercises and full mobilization of personnel services and equipment.
- Maintain and verify adherence of updates to Corporate Safety Management System.
- Develop and facilitate documents for incident closeout for contractors, contractor management and company operations.
- Facilitate, develop and report HSER department meetings as required.
- 10+ years of health and safety experience, preferably in the oil and gas industry.
- Well knowledge and understanding of Working Alone Program, HSE software, Contractor Management System.
- Competent computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and organized.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, able to develop and present to leadership team.
- Ability to manage time and workload sensitive material.
- Able to travel to field sites as required.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please submit a resume no later than October 22, 2021. Please include the job title in the subject heading.
West Lake Energy thanks all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Lake Energy Corp,