West Lake Energy Corp.
West Lake Energy Corp. is a privately owned, intermediate producer with core assets located in the Lloydminster and Provost areas. West Lake’s strategy is to grow its production base in both its heavy and medium areas through organic drilling complemented with focused acquisitions. West Lake has applied advanced drilling and completion techniques, which has allowed its wells to achieve compelling economic returns at sustained low oil prices. West Lake continues to execute on a material multi-year drilling program.
We are currently recruiting for a Contract Facilities Engineer in our Calgary Office. Reporting directly to the Vice President, Production this role provides the opportunity to be involved in a full range of responsibilities including the following:
- Ensure effective implementation of West Lake Energy’s HSE policies by employees and contractors engaged in facilities and construction work.
- Accountable for coordinating the project management of West Lake Energy’s oil and gas facilities and associate gathering system pipeline projects.
- Accountable for working closely with the asset, operations and drilling & completions team to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Accountable for managing the field supervision required for design, construction and commissioning of facilities and infrastructure projects.
- Provide budgetary and AFE quality costs estimates for production facilities and pipelines projects.
- Liaise with Calgary and field personnel to establish fit-for-purpose designs.
- Pipeline route selection.
- Coordinate regulatory applications with engineering companies.
- Procure equipment and materials.
- Schedule and coordinate construction activities.
- Supervise field inspection personnel.
- Mentor junior personal and provide engineering guidance to asset integrity personnel.
- Monitor construction progress and initiate corrective action as required.
- Support Operations Personnel in the commissioning and start-up of facilities.
- Cost control and forecasting on assigned projects.
- Ensure West Lake Energy HSE, QA/QC and governmental regulations are followed by all construction and inspection personnel.
- 10+ years’ experience as a Facilities Engineer/Project Manager.
- Professional Engineering designation with APEGA or ASET.
- Self-motivated and energetic, proven ability to collaborate with team members.
- Ability to be decisive, and safely and efficiently execute projects.
- Strong communication and computer skills.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please subject your resume to email@example.com, no later than December 10th, 2021. Please include the job title in the subject heading.
West Lake Energy thanks all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Lake Energy Corp.