West Lake Energy Corp.
West Lake Energy Corp. is a privately owned, intermediate producer with core assets located in the Lloydminster Provost, and Drayton Valley areas. West Lake’s strategy is to grow its production through organic drilling and acquisitions. West Lake has applied advanced drilling and completion techniques, which has allowed its wells to achieve compelling economic returns at sustained low oil prices. West Lake continues to execute on a material multi-year drilling program.
We are currently recruiting for a Production Engineering, Team Lead in our Calgary Office. Reporting directly to the VP, Production this role provides the opportunity to be involved in a full range of responsibilities including the following:
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for leading a team of engineers associated with managing base production targets, capital enhancements projects and providing field support.
- Accountable to ensure that all engineering and project work done maximizes the financial returns of the company assets and West Lake Energy.
- Accountable for monitoring operating costs and assist in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Responsible for overview of production trends and well histories.
- Guide recommendations to develop well and field optimization strategies.
- Responsible for overall field and well performance and reviews with field operations.
- A proven track record of success in leading a production engineering team.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a team lead role.
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in production and operations engineering.
- Experience in artificial lift design with emphasis on progressive cavity pumps and pumpjacks.
- Experience in completions engineering an asset with background work on new well completions, workovers, well servicing and injector conversions.
- Professional designation with APEGA OR ASET.
- Self-motivated, energetic and bias for action.
- Strong communication and computer skills.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please submit a resume no later than November 26, 2021. Please include the job title in the subject heading.
West Lake Energy thanks all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Lake Energy Corp.