The Top Drive Coordinator is responsible for both remote and field troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and the adherence to safe operation practices of various top drives, floor wrenches, and catwalks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise and support field personnel and provide best practice recommendations for operation and preventative maintenance for our fleet of automated equipment including Tesco, Canrig, Foremost, FDS, Rigmaster, and Ja-co.
- Be the first point of contact for troubleshooting equipment malfunctions and provide real time support relating to fluid power, electrical, and mechanical.
- Coordinate and dispatch third party vendors for field support as well as arrange transport for hotshots.
- Provide after hours call support on a “1 week on 2 weeks off” rotation.
- Occasionally travel to the field to perform equipment inspections, providing detailed reporting and proactive recommendations.
- Work with field personnel to improve practices which have a positive impact on drilling performance.
- Maintain critical parts inventory, track damaged equipment in need of repair, and generate POs for purchased items.
- Track and review fluid sampling data and provide specific recommendations for optimal equipment life.
- Promote and adhere to all company safety policies.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with various automated equipment including top drives, floor wrenches, and catwalks.
- Must possess strong hydraulic and electrical knowledge both in theory and in practice. A good understanding of PLC and 24vdc relay control logic is key.
- Must hold valid safety tickets.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and able to efficiently learn internal software.
- Strong organizational, communication skills and positive work attitude
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment with little support is critical
- Drilling experience in the Derrickhand and Driller position is considered an asset.
- Maintain an on-call rotation for onsite visits and emergency situations
- Detail oriented with excellent time management and follow up skills
Link to posting: https://tre.tbe.taleo.net/tre01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=WESTENER&cws=1&rid=2415
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.