Whitecap Resources Inc. (“Whitecap”) is a Canadian clean energy company, focused on sustainable long-term growth and shareholder return. We are an oil-weighted conventional growth company with a strong reputation for being an environmentally responsible and a sustainable investment company. Annually Whitecap injects more greenhouse gases (CO2) than it generates (a milestone in our industry).
Due to its continued growth, Whitecap is accepting applications for the following positions:
Job Title: Chief Steam Engineer
Location: Olds Gas Plant, Olds, Alberta
Employment Type: Full-Time, Salary Position
Reporting to: Plant Foreman
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Plant equipment and ensuring that the Plant is operating in compliance with the Alberta Boilers Safety Association (“ABSA”) requirements as a 1st Class rated power generating facility. In addition, this position will provide direct coaching and support to our operating staff with a focus on development and to ensure facility optimization.
Key Job Accountabilities:
· Responsible for regulatory compliance pertaining to a steam Plant responsible for over 10,000 kW
· Ensure company safety/environment policies are met or exceeded
· Management of boiler feed water system
· Regularly prepare standard reports (chemical usage, water treatment usage)
· Accountable for coordinating Preventative Maintenance activities specific to Plant/Steam Generation Operations (example: power boilers, pressure safety valves (PSV’s), etc.)
· Work with Plant Operator & GE (water treatment specialists) to promote proper boiler water and treated water residuals
· Calculate and submit monthly flare (S30) report
· Emergency Response Plan (ERP) responsibilities as defined by area specific ERP
· Accountable for monthly sampling
· Acts as relief for Operations Foreman
· On-call, as requested
· Assists with Plant Turnaround planning
· Management of Change (“MOC”) coordinator as defined by the MOC procedure manual. Coordinates reviews and gathers documentation to solicit feedback and approval from other affected disciplines
· Direct and support steam certificate progression of Plant Operators
· Administration of power engineer certification of all Plant Operators as required by ABSA
· Responsible for updating Plant procedures and maintaining the document binders
· Promote continuous operational improvements and optimization initiatives
· Manage the development of task specific procedures
· Manage the operations staff attendance schedule regarding training, vacation, and sick days
· Monitor and recommend housekeeping in Plant general areas
· Assist with ongoing updates to the Olds Gas Plant operator training manual
· Assist with updating Process (P) and Instrumentation Diagrams (ID’s)
Primary Qualifications and Skills:
· 1st Class Steam Ticket Certification
· Completion of the University of Alberta Leadership Development program (or equivalent) is an asset.
· Minimum of 10 years of related sour gas experience.
· Detail-oriented with a high level of integrity, honesty, and professionalism.
· Leadership skills to support, mentor, and train a team of quality staff
· Ongoing and timely communication with all departments (Project Engineering, Instrumentation/Electrical, Field and Plant Operations, and Olds Administration)
· Maintain and promote a professional and positive attitude
· Provide 1st Class Certification to maintain Plant operations
· Reside within a 50-kilometer radius of the Olds Gas Plant
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants may submit their cover letter and resume in confidence by 4:00 PM MDT Friday, September 24, 2021 via:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email)
Mail: Whitecap Resources Inc.
Attention: Director, Corporate Services
3800, 525 – 8th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 1G1
We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be managed with discretion and confidentiality.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.