SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking highly motivated and experienced individuals to join the Summit Connect (SC) team as a Lead Hand (Competition # 22-09-0585). This position will support our OSP Construction projects in Central and Southern Alberta.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
This role will work in hands-on capacity in a fast-paced team environment, supporting various projects completing utility locates and maintenance accompanying telecom initiatives within Central and Southern Alberta.
You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic team of technical administrators, business development professionals, and an in-house IT department and many other highly experienced, skilled and educated Professionals.
Your primary duties will include but are not limited to the following;
- Lead team members on HS&E, project execution duties, methods & expectations
- Current First Aid, Ground Disturbance Level 2 certifications
- Experience operating/directing heavy equipment (Excavator/backhoe/skid steer)With the support of a supervisor – read, interpret & corelate on-site, the AB 1Call locate response tickets and subsequent physical locates
- Organize and assist in loading and mobilizing equipment and tools into site
- Daily logbooks/DVIR’s and knowledge of NSC rules and regulations
- Spot equipment on sitePicker operations – lifting and placing
- Skid Steer operations
- Lead and assist in pulling/jetting fiber cables preparation, storage & inventory
- Material, equipment, and task related tool staging
- Operation of powered and hand tools
- Lead or direct horizontal directional drill, plowing and excavation activities
- Spotting/swamping/flagging with group support for heavy equipment activities
- Assist other team members with the installation of ducts, structures, & site rehabilitation
- Safely operate ½ – 1 ton truck issued at time of hiring
- Driving picker truck and trailer to and from Jobsite locations
- Lead and assist with hoisting, rigging and picker operations
- Direct and assist other team members with the deployment, set-up, and removal of construction signs/traffic control devices
- Ground excavation, backfill and bedding pipe with hand tools
- Working on ice, snow covered, wet and muddy locations
- Confined space entry – Manholes/Handholes
- Trailer hookup, driving and unloading
- Perform daily Safety Reporting, Hazard ID’s, BBO’s, Incidents, Near Misses
- Procedure and Safe Operating reviews/inspections
- Lead and or attend Safety Meetings and On-Site Toolbox Meetings
- Follow all client & Summit Connect Policies, Practices, Procedures as well as legislated requirements
Candidates must be prepared to work in a multidisciplinary, fast paced project team environment and able to undertake a variety of project related tasks, deadlines and ability to work and/or travel in varied terrains, weather condition and isolated locations.
- High school diploma or equivalent,
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and work independently with excellent problem-solving skills,
- Possess exceptional understanding of safety processes/tools and hazard recognition,
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of environmental conditions,
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and clean drivers abstract,
- This is a physically demanding role, the candidate will be required to successfully complete a functional fitness test prior to successful employment
The following is considered an asset:
- Experience in primary and physical utility locates and telecommunication services,
- Shallow and deep utility project experience,
- Energy and Utilities industry
- H2S Certification
Summit Connect, a division of Summit, An Earth Services Company has become the industry leader in the telecommunications and environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Summit Connect focuses on offering turnkey utility installation solutions to clients across various industries including telecommunications, electrical utilities, and renewable energy.
Summit’s vision is to build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com , for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.