Requisition Id: 23692
Department: Berth Operations District
PKM Canada Marine Terminal LP (Vancouver Wharves Terminal) is currently recruiting for an Analyst, Operations Logistics to join the team. This position reports to the Manager, Berth Operations in the Natural Gas Liquids Business Unit (NBU), part of Pembina’s Facilities Division. Located in one of the busiest port cities in North America, our Vancouver Wharves’ location is one of the largest terminals on the West Coast and handles both liquids and bulk products including mineral concentrates, diesel, Sulphur, and grain products on behalf of customers.
The Analyst, Operations Logistics will provide traffic and administrative support to operating personnel to achieve the organization’s safety, quality, environmental and production objectives, and goals. The primary functions are to help manage the rail, truck, and vessel traffic requirements of the site, coordinate the dispatch of the Foreman and Longshore workforce, provide all site traffic and dispatch requirements during rotating weekends, and help with timely billing to customers for our services. They will project a “Terminal First” professional demeanor and attitude and respond in a courteous manner to customer demands and inquiries.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Knowing and understanding all the customer contracts;
- Maintenance of Longshore attendance records, Foremen dispatch points, and all other applicable statistics and reports necessary to keep track of Regular Workforce personnel;
- Understanding the terms and rules contained within the Terminal’s applicable ILWU Local 500 and Local 514 collective agreements regarding performance, pay, and behaviour at the Terminal;
- Complying with Pembina, HRSDC, and Vancouver Wharves terminal safety regulations/requirements and adhere and follow all EHS procedures or programs, Terminal SOPs, and Terminal SSPs;
- Assisting in maintaining staff schedules;
- Assisting with preparing foreman instructions, safety, quality and environmental documentation;
- Providing overall support and vacation relief for inside Operations Coordinators;
- Providing overall support to Operations Managers and Operations Superintendents; and
- Contributing to a team environment that values inclusion & diversity.
- A Degree in business, facilities operation, or equivalent marine academy/transportation diploma would be preferred;
- Combination of equivalent experience and education will also be considered;
- Previous waterfront operations experience (vessel operations, steamship agency, transportation role etc.);
- Operations experience in a unionized environment;
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software programs;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work collaboratively with others and able to direct union labour;
- Flexibility in adapting to changing needs, detail oriented and adept at analytical problem solving;
- Self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision and/or direction;
- Demonstrated written and oral communication competencies, able to write and speak in a clear, concise manner for different types of audiences;
- Protects and uses confidential information with discretion;
- Actively works in a team environment carrying his/her own share of responsibility with the common objective of encouraging team spirit;
- Detail oriented, able, and willing to provide electronic and hard copy documentation of all terminal activity on a given shift that meets or exceeds terminal requirements and performance objectives along with checking subordinates work for accuracy;
- Involves people closest to the issues to create the best solutions and knows when to shift decisions to another level; and
- The ability to work a rotating shifts schedule with partner Operations Logistics Analyst (OLA) to provide 7 days per week coverage for the site including being on call.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.