Subcontracts Specialist – New Construction is responsible for administration and contract maintenance of all subcontracts, including the Tier 1 subcontracts, in support of new vessels. The position works closely with team members and stakeholders in managing subcontractor performance through the subcontract management plan. In addition, the position will work collaboratively with the Shared Services Corporate Supply Chain on across organization leverage of buy / spend standardized processes such as terms and condition or systems and risk mitigation.
- Implementation of vessel work breakdown structure in accordance with defined build strategy to establish cost accounts.
- Support and/or lead negotiation of subcontracts with the Tier 1 partners and other subcontractors.
- In conjunction with the FFR Program Office, development of RFx packages for complex equipment and services and incorporation of technical specifications into tender packages in accordance with established procurement procedures.
- In collaboration with Shared Services Corporate Supply Chain, conduct market studies and research potential suppliers capable of supplying equipment and/or services required for the FFR programs.
- Support and/or lead the proponent evaluation, selection, negotiation and execution of subcontracts. Ensure that the subcontract terms and conditions incorporate technical, schedule, Industrial Regional Benefits, quality requirements and conditions; including the flow down of the terms and conditions of the Design and Build Contracts.
- Prepare contract award recommendation materials and participate in presenting the award recommendations for approval.
- Ongoing management and monitoring of subcontractor performance such that subcontractor milestones and deliverable items are achieved in accordance with the Design and Build Contracts and the terms of the subcontracts. Maintain oversight of subcontractor progress compared to budget. Approve milestone payments, ensuring that contract deliverables and payment milestones have been achieved and approved prior to payment.
- Maintenance of a file for each subcontract which shall at a minimum consist of correspondence, meeting minutes, a register of issues and action items and pro-actively manage an action plan to address issues, and take corrective action and/or escalate issues as may be required.
- Negotiate and issue subcontract Change Orders as directed and authorized by the Program Office.
- Close out subcontracts as the final action of post-award subcontract management. Ensure that furnished information and equipment, warranty details and life cycle support data is received from the subcontractor.
- Assist the Estimating Department by obtaining pricing information from subcontractors.