A leader in renewable energy education and an award winning company in the Renewable Energy Industry. They offer a specialized array of renewable energy courses and certifications throughout Canada and the United States. Our client also recently launched its franchise program with tremendous interest from the solar energy industry. Their unique business platform perfectly aligns with franchise sales, and their best in class reputation helps them develop strategic partnerships and grow their network.
The greatest strength of our client is their people, a team of remarkably talented, vibrant and competitive individuals. Their daily initiative is built around the customer experience, where they are always improving – improving solar installation services, technical training programs, and value to their franchisees. This formula for success is entrenched in their culture, where innovation is encouraged, talent and teamwork are celebrated and where results and success are rewarded.
- Lead Solar Electrician – Greater Vancouver Area.
- Solar Installation/Electrical Work
- Customer Service
- Manage & Train workers
The Lead Solar Electrician is primarily responsible for leading all Solar PV system installations in the Greater Vancouver Area and reporting to the main office in Burnaby.
They will be capable of managing our residential and small commercial solar projects, performing electrical work and system connections, performing site analysis, solar pv system sales, customer support, and soon be capable of teaching our solar pv courses and training our network of professional solar installers. They will be willing to travel and capable of setting a professional example for our national franchise network.
As a key member of the leadership team, the Lead Solar Technician must have a balance of electrical experience, technical competency, salesmanship, and professionalism. They will have a strong passion for renewable energy technology, the ability to work independently, solve problems, and operate in various technical and interpersonal capacities.
- Part-Time/Casual with opportunity for Full Time Employment
- $32 to $40 / hour, based on experience, with potential performance incentives
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Work directly with upper management in various capacities in connection with the following tasks
- Installation and Maintenance of Solar PV Systems, EV Chargers, and other electrical equipment, primarily in the Greater Vancouver Area
- Perform Direct Sales and Solar PV Site Analysis for the Greater Vancouver Area.
- Teach / Deliver Solar PV Installation and other Renewable Energy Training Programs.
- Perform Solar PV installation support and hands-on training throughout our National Franchise Network
- Must be responsible, independent, willing to travel, and capable of performing varying tasks in varying capacities
Required Experience /Skills
- 5+ years Electrical Experience
- 2+ years Solar or Renewable Energy Experience
- 2+ years of Leadership or Management Experience
- Customer Service Driven – Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Strong Passion and Aptitude for Renewable Energy and Sustainability
- Strong Technical, Hands-On, Interpersonal, and Communication Skills
- Physical Ability working at heights and capable of lifting up to 50 lbs repetitively
- Proficiency in Written and Spoken English, Excel Spreadsheets, Microsoft Office
Education / Certifications
- Certificate of Qualification – Electrician – Construction & Maintenance (Required)
- Certificate of Apprenticeship – Electrician – Construction & Maintenance (Asset)
- Field Safety Representative Certification (FSR-B or FSR-A), or Willingness to obtain FSR certification within 6 months of employment is acceptable
- Valid BC Drivers License & Means of Transportation
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.